Who Has to Comply With ICD-10-CM?
At HCC Coders, we are skilled in all things coding. If you are struggling to keep up with your ICD-10-CM coding, we can help. Keep reading to learn about ICD-10-CM coding and how HCC Coders can help with your coding.
What is ICD-10-CM coding?
ICD-10-CM stands for the International Classification of Diseases. It is the 10th Version-Clinical Modification. ICD-10-CM is designed for classifying and reporting diseases in all healthcare settings.
Who has to comply with ICD-10-CM?
Every entity that is covered by HIPAA must comply with ICE-10-CM. That means that they need to convert to the reporting classification for facility reporting for patient services. The ICD-9-CM version that was in place for 36 years is no longer an acceptable means of reporting.
It is important to not delay the ICD-1 implementation because any delay will be disruptive and costly for healthcare delivery, public health, healthcare spending, and payment reform. Much time and resources have gone into developing and implementing ICD-10-CM and even just a one-year delay is estimated to cost the health care sector approximately $6.8 billion.
Examples of the costs incurred by a delay include:
- ICD-9-CM versions need to be updated to remain current
- Costs associated with the inability to effectively use healthcare data to improve quality of care and patient safety
- Maintaining coder’s ICD-10 coding skills through on-going practice as the shirt occurs
Contact HCC Coders today for help with your ICD-10-CM coding!
If you need help with your ICD-10-CM coding, HCC Coders is here for you! Since 1993, we have been helping health plans with their risk adjustment coding requirements. In addition to assisting with ICD-10-CM diagnoses, we also offer:
- Certified coders for in-house use
- Medical record retrieval services
- Access to HCC coding software
- In-depth, focused Retrospective Chart Reviews
- Highlighting of any key coding or documentation errors or omissions
- Inclusion of Part C and Part D coding in HCC data capture
- Concurrent coding
- Prospective risk adjustment coding
- Physician Chart Audit summary reports
- Identification of opportunities for coding improvement and education
If you need help with your coding, call the experts at HCC Coders today. With 28 years of experience, you can trust us to help maximize your Medicare Advantage reimbursements.
To learn more about the reliable and quality HCC coding services that we offer, visit us on the web at HCC coding.